Enrolment and Zoning
ENROLMENT SCHEME FOR ORATIA DISTRICT SCHOOL
Our Board of Trustees will not be holding a ballot or accepting out of zone enrolments for 2021.
Oratia School herewith declares the zone boundaries outlined below and indicated on the map held for perusal at the Board Office at Oratia School, Shaw Road, Oratia. People living within these boundaries can be enrolled as of right.
Out of Zone Enrolment
The Board of Trustees have conducted a review of the enrolment scheme of Oratia School in order to bring our procedures into line with the current guidelines issued by the Ministry of Education.
Our Board of Trustees will decide before September each year whether or not there are spaces available for out of zone enrolments. If there are spaces available this will be published to the public and applications will be received. There will be a ballot drawn for the available spaces following the priority order as established by the secretary of education. In preparation for the ballot, applications will be sorted into the following five priority groupings specified in Section 11F(1):
· applicants accepted for a special programme
· siblings of current students
· siblings of former students
· children of former students
· children of board employees or board members
· all other applicants
(Instructions relating to the operation of enrolment schemes Issued by the Secretary for Education Ministry of Education July 2017)
Zone Boundaries Oratia District School
In-zone for Oratia District School constitutes all the areas within the following boundaries:
· Glengarry Road from Autumn Ave to West Coast Road. The zone includes all properties with frontage on this section of Glengarry Road (from 179 and 176 upwards in numbers), also side roads Meynell Court and Nicolas Ave.
· West Coast Road between Glengarry Road and Parrs Park roundabout (478 and 481 being the lowest numbers in the zone)
· Up Parrs Cross Road (west side only) to Holdens Road and up Holdens Road (both sides) to Forest Hill Road.
· The boundary then goes up Forest Hill Road (both sides) from 148 and 145 upwards in numbers to the intersection with West Coast Road.
· From Forest Hill Road the boundary follows West Coast Road to Scenic Drive, including all properties with frontage on this section of West Coast Road.
· All properties with frontage on Scenic Drive between 147 and 158 in the south and 573 and 574 in the north are included in the zone.
· All properties accessed from Piha Road and side roads are also included within the zone.
Zone Boundaries Lone Kauri School
In-zone for Lone Kauri School constitutes all the areas within the following boundaries:
There are 3 criteria:
· Karekare resident.
· Piha Road residents on the Karekare side of the road between Lone Kauri Road and Te Ahuahu Road.
· Also all residents on Te Ahuahu Road on the Karekare side.