Positive Behaviour 4 Learning & Values
Positive Behaviour 4 Learning
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) School-wide is made up of practices and organisational systems that help schools create positive teaching and learning environments.
Based on international evidence, it looks at behaviour and learning from a whole-school as well as an individual child's perspective. School-wide takes the approach that opportunities for learning and achievement increase if:
- the school environment is positive and supportive
- expectations are consistently clear
- children and young people are consistently taught desired behaviours
- children and young people are consistently acknowledged for desired behaviours
- children and young people are consistently responded to in a fair and equitable way.
School leaders, teachers, students, and support staff are all involved.
At Oratia we value:
• Respect/Manaakitanga – for myself, others and the environment.
• Responsibility/Takohanga – for myself, my possessions, for my learning and for aiming high.
• Risk taking/Tangohia te morea – to give new things a try.
• Resilience/Aumangea – to keep trying, even when things are difficult.
• Reflection/Whakaaroaro – to ask questions about my learning and how I can aim for excellence.