Chomebooks at Oratia District School
At Oratia Year 5 and 6 students use Chromebook to help them with their learning.
- Have their Chromebook charged at the start of every day.
- Use their Chromebook as an additional tool to help them with their learning.
- Have their Chromebook enrolled with the Chrome Education Licence
Responsible User Agreement.
Noel Leeming develop chromebook packages for parents. Have a look at the most recent brochure.
Things to consider when choosing a Chromebook package:
- Remember to look around for the best deal, there are more stockists than just Noel Leeming.
- If your insurance doesn't cover your child's Chromebook, extended warranty and Accidental Damage Cover are good options - accidents do happen,
- A bag is good at keeping your child's Chromebook safe in transit,
- Headphones are useful when accessing multimedia learning.
- All Chromebooks come with adequate minimum technical specs required for learning at Oratia District School.
- As of Term 1, 2019, students will be required to register their Chromebook with the school using an education licence.
Digital Citizenship Defined.
Digital citizenship combines the confident use of:
- skills and strategies to access technology to communicate, connect, collaborate, and create
- attitudes, underpinned by values that support personal integrity and positive connection with others
- understanding and knowledge of the digital environments and contexts in which they are working, and how they integrate on/offline spaces.
And then, critically, for students to have the ability to draw on this competency of "digital fluency" to participate in life-enhancing opportunities (social, economic, cultural, civil) and achieve their goals in ways that make an important difference.
A video on Digital Citizenship
Key points for Mums and Dads raising Digital Citizens:
- be engaged,
- gain experience with what apps your child uses,
- never let your child use their device in their bedroom or alone.
Digital Citizenship at Home
Netsafe is New Zealand’s independent, non-profit online safety organisation. Taking a technology-positive approach to the challenges digital technology presents, we work to help people in New Zealand take advantage of the opportunities available through technology by providing practical tools, support and advice for managing online challenges.