While our school is focused on providing students with the best possible care and education, there may be occasions when practice does not meet certain standards or expectations, and a parent or others wish to complain. In order that we can manage any complaints appropriately, and in a fair, timely and consistent way, please follow the Complaints Procedure below:
1. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s behaviour or learning, your first point of contact should be their classroom teacher. Our teachers will always make time to talk with you, but please be aware that they are unlikely to be able to give you their full attention during the busy moments immediately before and after school. Please make an appointment to speak with them in private at a time that suits you both. Email addresses for all our teachers can be found here.
2. If you feel your concerns are not adequately addressed, or if they are about a wider issue, please make an appointment to see the appropriate member of senior management (Dean of Student Support Katherine Goldsmith, Dean of Teaching and Learning Thomas Bigge or Deputy Principal Tracey Gill).
3. If you feel your concerns are still not adequately addressed you are invited to email the principal or phone 818 6216 to make an appointment to meet in person.
4. If staff members have concerns about an aspect of the school or your employment you should bring it to the attention of the principal.
5. If the principal has managed a complaint and you are not happy with the outcome, please talk to a member of our Board of Trustees or put your concerns in writing to be considered by the board at their next meeting. Formal complaints should be addressed to the Chair of the Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our Complaints Procedure is available from the school office.