Valuing our Community is the focus at our school in Term 1. As part of this classes will look study the sub-value of “Unity.” Each class throughout the school will participate in lessons about Unity. There will be discussions, music and songs, art, poetry and written language based on this theme. Check back on the website for some examples of children’s work and photos. Below are some reflection points about Unity that will direct teaching and learning.
Unity Reflection Points:
1. Unity is harmony within and among individuals in the group.
2. Unity continues by accepting and appreciating each person and their contribution.
3. Unity is built from a shared goal, hope or vision.
4. Everyone is respected.
5. Unity promotes cooperation, enthusiasm sense of belonging and empowerment.
6. Unity makes big tasks seem easier.